Famously known as “The Rock”, Dwayne Johnson is a renowned actor, producer, and entrepreneur. Before wrestling, he played college football at the University of Miami, then joined Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League for two months. He later became popular from 1996 to 2004 as wrestler The Rock in WWF and WWE.
The Rock’s biography
- Name: Dwayne Douglas Johnson
- D.O.B: 2nd May, 1972
- Place of birth: Hayward, California
- Nationality: American and Canadian
- Ethnicity: Half-Black and half-Samoan
- Primary schools attended: Richmond Road Primary School in Grey Lynn; Montclaire Elementary School in Charlotte, North Carolina; Shepherd Glen Elementary School, and Hamden Middle School in Hamden, Connecticut.
- High schools attended: President William McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii; Glencliff High School and McGavock High School in Nashville, Tennessee; and Freedom High School in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- College: the University of Miami. Studied Bachelor of General Studies in Criminology and Physiology and graduated in 1995.
- Current age: 48 years old
- Height: 6 ft 5 in (196 cm)
- Weight: 260 lb (118 kg)
- Marital status: Married to Lauren Hashian since 2019
The Rock’s birthday 2020
Since physical events, including large parties, cannot be held with the coronavirus global pandemic, The Rock, founder of Teremana Tequila, organized an IG live on 2nd May. This was the first-ever DOS DE MANA celebration and toast to celebrate those whose birthdays were in March, April, and May during the lockdown. The celebrity went out of his way to give a shout out to lockdown birthday babies and sang a birthday serenade to them. This was a different but equally impactful way of showing concern to others, especially with the global pandemic that has affected the usual ways of life.
View this post on Instagram
To celebrate her husband’s birthday, Lauren organized a romantic, indoor birthday surprise for Dwayne. The set up included rose petals, lit candles, and a bottle of Teremana Tequila, on the floor. Thoughtful, right? This little show of kindness and love brightened the wrestling superstar’s day and made him feel loved.
Family, movies, books, and net worth
The Rock is son to Rocky Johnson (former professional wrestler) and Ata Johnson. Before Lauren, Dwayne was married to Dany Garcia from 1997 to 2007 when they amicably separated. The two have a daughter, Simone (Born on August 14th, 2001). Dwayne and Lauren have two daughters Jasmine and Tiana. He has starred in many films such as The Scorpion King (2002) Fast and Furious franchise, Skyscraper (2018), San Andreas (2015), Hercules (2014), Moana (2016), and Jumanji (2017 and 2019) among others. He published his autobiography The Rock Says…in 2000. His net worth as of 2020 is estimated at $320 million.
This year, the entire universe has been hit badly by the deadly Covid-19 pandemic. With quarantine, lockdown, and social distancing, we cannot go out and celebrate birthdays like before. However, that does not imply that you should treat your big day like any other. You can borrow ideas from Dwayne Johnson’s quarantine birthday, or better still, improvise a better way of celebrating with your loved ones. Check out our article on Best Birthday Games to Play during Quarantine for more ideas.